The 21st century is rich in content, with images,
video, and other media being shared across the
globe every day.
The challenge for content providers is to make
the customers sharing experienceas
well as the technology that enables itas
efficient as possible. Ultimately, these efficiencies
can determine just how profitable a content providers
business model can be.
To the benefit of providers and users alike,
FlashPoint Technology has developed KinectUs,
a hybrid P2P sharing platform offered exclusively
to select content providers and partners.
With its modular, easily integrated technology,
KinectUs takes providers cutting-edge solutions
off the edge into a new level of functionality.
Its multiple patented technologies offer the speed
and economics of P2P with the control and availability
of centrally hosted solutions.
THE KinectUs ADVANTAGE FOR CONTENT PROVIDERS
Better Than Central Hosting
- Providers control and lower infrastructure
and bandwidth cost.
- New customers attracted by the simpler, almost
instant process for sharing content.
Better Than Traditional P2P
- Users' content available 24x7, even when they
are not connected to the Internet.
- Easy for the average consumer to use, with
no need to understand firewall configurations.
- All personal content access controlled by
- A standard Web browser (rather than special
software) is all that's needed to view content.
Better Than Flying Solo
- Allows providers to allocate R&D resources
- Expedites time to market.
- Boosts providers products, widening
their future options.
- Gives access to FlashPoints deep pool
of content-centric intellectual property.
THE KinectUs PLATFORM
The KinectUs Platform is comprised of two key
- Invisibly integrated into the digital content
providers application that resides on
the users computer. The digital content
providers application provides the direct
interface to the user for content management
and manipulation, while the KinectUs Client
manages the sharing of all resulting content
in the background.
- Automatically converts a users computer
into a digital content server, which
facilitates the sharing of this content directly
from the computer.
- Manages security of the sites content.
Users have the choice to make content public,
private, or password protected.
- Establishes an outbound only connection through
the users firewall to the KinectUs Server.
As a result, requires no configuration changes
to the users firewall.
- Manages all Internet connections between the
users computer and guests wishing to view
- Manages a configurable central storage system
that can house synchronized content from the
users computer (making content available
even when the user is not connected to the Internet).
Rules can be established that remove inactive
content from storage, while keeping it available
for viewing directly from the users computer.
- Manages operations of the optional KinectDirect
module, which provides a managed direct peer-to-peer
connection that significantly reduces the bandwidth
expenses of the content provider.
Note: KinectDirect is currently under development.
Looking for more information about KinectUs?
the KinectUs Executive Brief »
Us to Learn More »